Sunday, August 15, 2010

say NO to 3rd party accessories

There is a reason why the ORIGINAL brand product is more expensive than the 3rd party one. dun be fool by the price of 3rd party product, like me.. i'm regreting now coz of getting a 3rd party product.

i bought a Nissin Di866 flashgun since feb dis year, without knowing the hot shoe is actually made of PLASTIC! compare with the original Canon or Nikon flash gun, theirs are made of METAL, which of coz more tough. juz a few weeks later, i notice there is a small crack on the hot shoe already.. i was like.. OMG! i juz bought if for few weeks only alreyd crack? how long it will last then? and juz 2 months later, one side of the hot shoe broke already. dat time i asked the shop whether is it possible to claim for warranty and how long does it take. guess wat he answer me? "i hav on stock item send for warranty for 2 months++ already, till now not yet send back.." i was like.. WAT! so long? Canon warranty claim is juz within 2 weeks! wat service is Nissin providing? BooOOoo~ so ended up, u glue it back using super glue.. and somehow it can stand. i was happy, juz for a moment..

then in one of the day during july, i brought my camera out, with my flash mounted, place it at the back seats, without bag. suddenly i apply an emergency break, and my camera juz rolled down from the seat. when i wanted 2 pick it up, it became to piece (camera and the flashgun), which means the hot shoe of the flashgun is broken, now BOTH SIDE. i admit dis is due to my careless and is my fault. but if it is made of metal, will it break so easily? and again i go ask the shop for warranty, and he tell me the same story, dey havent send back the product.. gosh~ and again, i glue it back again, but still it doesnt last long..

today i got a call for group shooting assignment, which is my 1st time shooting an indoor group photo, sounds easy, but is a new experience though. =D i was getting more n more excited during photo shooting, and my hand was holding the camera and shaking to ask the ppl to pose, until the last few shots, suddenly *Crack* *Piak*, and the next thing i saw is my flashgun on the floor, with some of the plastic cracked. my hot shoe BROKE again, the the worse part is the red transparent plastic which cover the sensor also broke. somehow i dun feel sad or moody, in fact i expect dis think will happened, juz didnt expect it happen so soon. even my client also shocked. fortunately, the flash has slave mode.. else it is hard 2 get a nice pic shot..

as u can see the sensor now is naked without the plastic cover there.. and the hot shoe is broken. the pieces is in the small container, together wit some small pieces of the red plastic.

oh well. this incident warn me is time to get a NEW FLASH, and is the original Canon flash.. so for the moment, i shall have a rest, meanwhile waiting for canon new flash, which rumored will be release dis September. somehow i'm in a dilemma, wanted 2 get a Ultra Wide Angle (UWA) lens, which cost me 2.7k, and now another flash, which probably cost me another 1.8k? which to buy 1st? sigh~

conclusion, if u are a rough clumsy person, like me, dun ever get 3rd party accessories, always support original brand product, else u will be experiencing incident like mine..

1 comment:

克里斯 said...

Wahaha.. Guess what... I also broke my Nissin i622, the infra red cap come off and i glue it with normal transparent plastic n tape. From the conclusion, i get out from ur story and mine... Nissin is a 1 hit KO product. Beware!